Monday, February 4, 2013

My love songs

So here is a list of some of my favorite love songs. Why? Well despite my own problems with relationships some small part of me still believes. The stupid part of me.

1. The way you look tonight- Frank Sinatra

Seriously I love a good romantic Frank Sinatra song. Ol' Blue eyes makes me swoon.

2. Can you feel the love tonight- Elton John

Oh Simba falling in love. What more is there to say?

3.When a Man Loves a Woman- Percy Sledge

I would like to believe in this song most of all.

4.Kiss from a Rose- Seal

I am a comic book nerd and this was from a Batman movie. I will be your Catwoman come and catch me.

5.Underneath it All- No Doubt

Strip it all down and will you still love me

6.Lets Get It On- Marvin Gaye

Ok this is more of a lust song, but it works for me.

7. Maybe I'm Amazed- Paul Mcartney

Another one that makes me want to believe

8. Every Little Thing She does is Magic-The Police

I will be your Magic Sting.

9. Unchained Melody- Righteous Brothers

Pottery class anyone?

10. I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing- Aerosmith

I had a guy sing this to me once. He was cheating on me. Great song though.

11. I'll Stand By You- The Pretenders

This was my song to a guy I loved. Yeah I did stand by him until he started acting like a jerk.

12. I'll Be There For You- Bon Jovi
With or without the rest of the band Jon has a way of singing love songs that makes me cry.

13. Girl- The Beatles

Its The Beatles and its sweet.

14. Never Tear Up Apart- INXS

I loved this song when i was young.

15. Alone-Heart

Oh My Goddess! They are Goddesses and who has not wanted to be alone with that one that makes your heart beat like a drum.

16. Always On My Mind- Micheal Buble

OK I know I should like the older version, but I actually hate the older ones. This one makes me feel something though.

17. Truly, Madly, Deeply- Savage Garden

Oh this song!

18. Fly Me To The Moon- Frank Sinatra

Once again I swoon.

19. To Be With You- Mr. Big

I think this was like the only song I knew by them, but it is so sweet.

20. I Knew I Loved You- Savage Garden

These guys knew how to write a Love Song

21. With or Without You- U2

Ok I think this song might be more like a suicide note.

22. Moon River- Any version I have ever heard!

Love this song so much! Ala Breakfast at Tiffany's

23. Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby- Barry White

The music that makes your clothes drop off your body

24. Killing Me Softly- Roberta Flack

Ohhhhhhh this song is just so beautiful

25. Are You Lonesome Tonight- Elvis Presley

No way I was not going to throw some of The King in here.

26. In My Life- The Beatles

Beautiful

27. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman- Aretha Franklin

Damn Aretha I wish I met a man who did this and actually stuck around.

28. Babe- Styx

Do not make fun of me!

29.Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley

Another one

30. Just Died In Your Arms Tonight- Cutting Crew

This song was just OMG!

31. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman- Bryan Adams

Bryan Adams is another one that knows how  to sing a love song.

32. Wild Horses- Rolling Stones

So is this a love song or a threat?

33. Open Arms- Journey

Where are you Mr. Open Arms?

34. Patience- Guns N Roses

I do not have any left!

35. Please Forgive Me- Bryan Adams

I think every man should memorize this song for when he screws up.

36. Always- Bon Jovi

Forever and Always even though you left me.

37. One- U2

Technically not a love song but oh well

38. Faithfully- Journey

I know I know its so sappy

39. Love of a Lifetime- Firehouse

Yeah one from the days I dated guys with big hair.

40. Bed of Roses- Bon Jovi

I am telling you this guy does the romance

41. Punk Rock Girl- The Dead Milkmen

Punk has love songs toooooooo!

42. Your name is Tattooed on My Heart- Screeching Weasel

Awwwwwwwwwww!

43. Come Away With Me- Norah Jones

A Man who plays this while I sit in a bubble bath will get my heart

44. If I died In Your Arms- Devil Doll

You really should listen to this it is an amazing song.

45. Lovesong- Adele

Yeah

46. Stay By My Side- Fiddlers Green

Speed Folk is my favorite and this song is just gorgeous.

47. Thank You For Loving Me- Jon Bon Jovi

I know I know

48. The Only Exception- Paramore

The man who I finally settle down for.

49. Everytime- Britney Spears

Yeah I usually am not so crazy about her but this song is amazing.

50. Falling Slowly- Any version I have heard

Great song



So there you have it. If by chance you have not heard some of these songs i suggest looking them up on YouTube and having a look and a listen. You might be pleasantly surprised and find a new love song for Valentines Day. Have a favorite love song I did not post?

No comments:

Post a Comment