So here is a list of some of my favorite love songs. Why? Well despite my own problems with relationships some small part of me still believes. The stupid part of me.
1. The way you look tonight- Frank Sinatra
Seriously I love a good romantic Frank Sinatra song. Ol' Blue eyes makes me swoon.
2. Can you feel the love tonight- Elton John
Oh Simba falling in love. What more is there to say?
3.When a Man Loves a Woman- Percy Sledge
I would like to believe in this song most of all.
4.Kiss from a Rose- Seal
I am a comic book nerd and this was from a Batman movie. I will be your Catwoman come and catch me.
5.Underneath it All- No Doubt
Strip it all down and will you still love me
6.Lets Get It On- Marvin Gaye
Ok this is more of a lust song, but it works for me.
7. Maybe I'm Amazed- Paul Mcartney
Another one that makes me want to believe
8. Every Little Thing She does is Magic-The Police
I will be your Magic Sting.
9. Unchained Melody- Righteous Brothers
Pottery class anyone?
10. I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing- Aerosmith
I had a guy sing this to me once. He was cheating on me. Great song though.
11. I'll Stand By You- The Pretenders
This was my song to a guy I loved. Yeah I did stand by him until he started acting like a jerk.
12. I'll Be There For You- Bon Jovi
With or without the rest of the band Jon has a way of singing love songs that makes me cry.
13. Girl- The Beatles
Its The Beatles and its sweet.
14. Never Tear Up Apart- INXS
I loved this song when i was young.
Oh My Goddess! They are Goddesses and who has not wanted to be alone with that one that makes your heart beat like a drum.
16. Always On My Mind- Micheal Buble
OK I know I should like the older version, but I actually hate the older ones. This one makes me feel something though.
17. Truly, Madly, Deeply- Savage Garden
Oh this song!
18. Fly Me To The Moon- Frank Sinatra
Once again I swoon.
19. To Be With You- Mr. Big
I think this was like the only song I knew by them, but it is so sweet.
20. I Knew I Loved You- Savage Garden
These guys knew how to write a Love Song
21. With or Without You- U2
Ok I think this song might be more like a suicide note.
22. Moon River- Any version I have ever heard!
Love this song so much! Ala Breakfast at Tiffany's
23. Can't Get Enough of Your Love Baby- Barry White
The music that makes your clothes drop off your body
24. Killing Me Softly- Roberta Flack
Ohhhhhhh this song is just so beautiful
25. Are You Lonesome Tonight- Elvis Presley
No way I was not going to throw some of The King in here.
26. In My Life- The Beatles
27. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman- Aretha Franklin
Damn Aretha I wish I met a man who did this and actually stuck around.
28. Babe- Styx
Do not make fun of me!
29.Can't Help Falling In Love - Elvis Presley
30. Just Died In Your Arms Tonight- Cutting Crew
This song was just OMG!
31. Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman- Bryan Adams
Bryan Adams is another one that knows how to sing a love song.
32. Wild Horses- Rolling Stones
So is this a love song or a threat?
33. Open Arms- Journey
Where are you Mr. Open Arms?
34. Patience- Guns N Roses
I do not have any left!
35. Please Forgive Me- Bryan Adams
I think every man should memorize this song for when he screws up.
36. Always- Bon Jovi
Forever and Always even though you left me.
37. One- U2
Technically not a love song but oh well
38. Faithfully- Journey
I know I know its so sappy
39. Love of a Lifetime- Firehouse
Yeah one from the days I dated guys with big hair.
40. Bed of Roses- Bon Jovi
I am telling you this guy does the romance
41. Punk Rock Girl- The Dead Milkmen
Punk has love songs toooooooo!
42. Your name is Tattooed on My Heart- Screeching Weasel
43. Come Away With Me- Norah Jones
A Man who plays this while I sit in a bubble bath will get my heart
44. If I died In Your Arms- Devil Doll
You really should listen to this it is an amazing song.
45. Lovesong- Adele
46. Stay By My Side- Fiddlers Green
Speed Folk is my favorite and this song is just gorgeous.
47. Thank You For Loving Me- Jon Bon Jovi
I know I know
48. The Only Exception- Paramore
The man who I finally settle down for.
49. Everytime- Britney Spears
Yeah I usually am not so crazy about her but this song is amazing.
50. Falling Slowly- Any version I have heard
So there you have it. If by chance you have not heard some of these songs i suggest looking them up on YouTube and having a look and a listen. You might be pleasantly surprised and find a new love song for Valentines Day. Have a favorite love song I did not post?