Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Shells and Cheese

In this area I am kind of known for my Smoky Mac and Cheese, but tonight I wanted to add Pumpkin to the mix and make a few other changes. I really am in the mood for comfort food lately as I have been in a funk, and i am sure all the fat and calories in this will make me feel funkier in the end. Oh but the yumminess of eating it!

Pumpkin Shells and Cheese
16 oz box of Shells Pasta
1 can Campbells Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 cup canned or fresh cooked pumpkin
2 cups half and half
4 to 5 oz. Colby Jack Cheese shredded
1/2 stick of butter
1/2 tsp Garlic Pepper Seasoning
1/2 tsp. grated Nutmeg
Panko Bread crumbs
Paprika

Cook the Pasta according to box instructions. While Pasta is cooking make the sauce. Add Soup, Pumpkin, half and half,Cheese, butter, garlic pepper seasoning, and nutmeg, and stir over low heat until smooth.

When Pasta is ready and drained pout into a 13 inch lasagna style dish. Pour the sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle Panko crumbs over it all and than sprinkle Paprika as well.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35 minutes.

Let it sit for 10 minutes if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment